# PASSIONATE POETS COMPETITION
Thank you for applying to the Passionate Poets Competition. We look forward to reading your pissed off poetry and can't wait to hear about the trivial little things that get on your wick. Please read the guidance and instructions carefully before completing the submission form below.
The Passionate Poets Competition is a Naked Frank Theatre initiative to nurture the hidden literary talents lurking in and around the Gravesham Borough and seek out opportunities to bring good writing to local residents. As part of the Gravesham Fringe Festival, Naked Frank Theatre will be performing Pissed Off Poetry - a raucous and ridiculous selection of performance poetry skits about trivial little things that get on their tits - and they want the general public to get involved and have a go themselves. All submitted poems will automatically be entered into a prize winning draw, with cash prizes being presented to first, second, and third place winners on the 10th June. In addition, Naked Frank Theatre will also be inviting selected submissions to take to the stage and share their own quirky quips in a public Open Mic Event after their shows at the Iron Pier Brewery (9th June) and St. Andrew's Quayside (10th June). Naked Frank Theatre are particularly interested in encouraging works that are relatable to a broader spectrum of people, and which clearly reflect and represent the experiences of a varied and inclusive expanse of communities. Writers are encouraged to demonstrate their technical ability, creativity, passion, flair, and individuality within their submissions.
1. All poems must be based around the theme Pissed Off Poetry.
2. Writers are encouraged to focus on any content or scenario, but must have a family friendly version available.
3. Submitted works do not have to be funny or lighthearted, but writers are encouraged to take a broader look at the theme before committing to a specific tone or mood.
4. Writers do not have to publicly perform their work and will still be eligible to enter the competition regardless of whether they participate in the Open Mic Event.
5. Writers may submit as many poems as they like, but must complete a separate submission form for each entry.
The submission window closes on 7th June 2023, so don't wait to get those brilliant ideas on paper!
Complete the submission form on the right by copying and pasting your poem into the box provided. Please ensure you fill out all the required fields. Within the form you will also be asked whether you would like to be considered for our Open Mic Events. This means that if selected by our panel you will be invited to perform your poem publicly at our Pissed Off Poetry event on the 9th and/or 10th June.